Flomax is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that is indicated for the treatment of symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia. The main active ingredient is tamsulosin.
- It has a combined effect: anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic
- Anesthetic effect is felt 30-60 minutes after ingestion on an empty stomach
- A decrease in symptoms of BPH is felt after 10-14 days of treatment
- The maximum concentration in the blood is reached after 2 hours
- Reduces the severity of all symptoms of BPH, facilitates the life of patients and normalizes the natural outflow of urine
- Can be used as an analgesic for post-traumatic or neurological pain
- Has a mild to moderate analgesic and strong anti-inflammatory effects
How will Flomax help treat benign prostatic hyperplasia?
The pharmacological effect of tamsulosin is achieved thanks to its ability to block alpha1a-adrenergic receptors, which are located in the smooth muscles of the prostate and pelvic organs. With a decrease in smooth muscle tone, normal outflow of urine is restored, and pain is also reduced.
The anti-inflammatory effect accumulates and peaks after 2 weeks of treatment.
Posological scheme and dosage
- Flomax tablets are taken only 1 time per day, in the morning, before meals
- The daily dose is 0.4 mg
- Take pills at the same time to maintain the right concentration of Tasmulosin in the blood
- Treatment lasts until the clinical symptoms of prostatic hyperplasia completely disappear.
- You can enhance the effect of Flomax with the help of analgesics, unless it is contraindicated by your doctor.
Who cannot take Flomax?
- Patients with an ulcer of the stomach or duodenum in the acute phase with bleeding;
- Patients with kidney or liver failure;
- Patients with impaired hematopoiesis or severe pathologies of the heart muscle.