The deformation of joints (change their form) – one of the symptoms characteristic of the articular syndrome, which appears in the far advanced cases of the disease (chronic forms) or trauma and congenital anomalies.
This feature can be divided into:
- Violation of the ratio of the articular surfaces of bones, changes in the synovial membrane, accumulation of effusion in the joint shell pockets, which is often found in functional samples or special research methods;
- joint deformation (visible external change-resistant joint form in violation of the internal structure, accompanied by persistent rough bony growths, dislocation, subluxation).
- The development of this symptom is characteristic of the later stages of the disease (eg, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and others.). However, in some cases, joint deformity may be hereditary and occur at birth (violation Bookmark joints 4-12 weeks of embryonic development and is seen as a variant of malformations). The most menacing form of this disease is arthrogryposis, in which there is loss of bone and articular and muscular systems of the body.
- Typically, joint damage occurs gradually. The debut of the disease rarely leads to permanent joint deformity. When chronic diseases in the later stages to reveal the characteristic changes of the joint and periarticular tissues is possible only by comparing its shape at different positions, the instrumental techniques (radiography, ultrasound of the joints) and by palpation. When weighting the disease strain to become visible to the eye.
CAUSES OF JOINT STRAIN
Causes of joint deformation can be divided into the following groups:
- Actually diseases of the joints (arthritis, osteoarthritis, etc.);
- Systemic diseases with joint disease (systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, and others.);
- Diseases of the surrounding tissues (muscles, tendons, etc.), Leading to dysfunction of the joints;
- Injuries and increased stress on the joints (osteoarthritis deformans and others.);
- Hereditary diseases (arthrogryposis, hemophilia, etc.);
metabolic disorders, increased body weight, and others.
- Relationships presence of deformation of joints between men and women was conducted.
SOME SPECIFIC FORMS JOINT STRAIN AT VARIOUS DISEASES
Hemophilia. With this disease most often affects large (knee, hip). Due to the increased fragility of blood vessels and bleeding disorders occur bleeding into the joint with the subsequent development of the inflammatory process. This ultimately leads to its deformation, pain, ankylosis development, etc..
In rheumatoid arthritis, deformity of the joints is the characteristic form of “rheumatoid brush” with severe forms of the fingers and their rejection to the rear. Thus there is a symmetrical defeat other joints, skin and internal organs.
For deforming osteoarthritis most often characterized by the violation of joint function, pain and the presence of specific painful nodules Bouchard and heberden.
TREATMENT joint deformity
Treatment of joint deformation is radical surgery (arthroplasty) or partial joint correction ( “Fills bone spurs” modified resection of the joint capsule, and others.). At impossibility of the operation – unloading of the affected joint (crutches, canes, etc.), Preparations for the profile of the underlying disease.
Engage in self should not be. In identifying joint strain to see a doctor (surgeon, traumatologist, internist, rheumatologist).