Urethritis in men
Male urethritis can be called one of the most common ailments, tormenting the stronger sex. Statistics show that today more than 50% of men who came to the reception to the urologist, complain about symptoms, which are symptoms of urethritis.
What is urethritis?
In medical practice it is called urethritis inflammatory processes occurring in the urethra. Note that both male urethritis symptoms, and on the methods of treatment differs considerably from the female, but here we talk only about the inflammation of the urethra in men.
Urethritis is an infectious disease caused by the introduction into the body of pathogens such as viruses, bacteria or fungi. Doctors in addition to infectious inflammation of the urethra is isolated as allergic, radiation, toxic and other types of urethritis, but in practice they are very rare.
- Infectious urethritis can be specific and nonspecific. The first type of this disease is always associated with such illnesses, sexually transmitted, like chlamydia, gonorrhea, trihomonioz, ureaplasmosis, mycoplasmosis. It often happens that the body is detected several pathogens, moreover it may be not only bacteria but also viruses, fungi.
- The cause of the urethritis of the second type is microorganisms that are considered to be opportunistic pathogens, such as staphylococci, streptococci, fungi, E. coli. Any difference between the symptoms and treatment of specific and non-specific inflammation of the urethra is not. Still, it is worth mentioning some differences: since detection of the pathogen-specific urethritis require treatment of all sexual partners of the patient.
Stages of the disease
- With regard to the specific urethritis, its development in most cases begins after unprotected intercourse. But if the man is a carrier of any of the above infections, sexually transmitted diseases, the symptoms of the disease can occur in almost any moment. The impetus for the development of nonspecific urethritis can also be sexual intercourse. The disease usually develops after unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse with a woman having a vaginal dysbiosis. Note that the first thing the man in this case develops balanoposthitis and only after that – an inflammation of the urethra, that is urethritis.
- Urethritis develops against the background of weakening the protective functions of local immunity of the wall of the urethra. The urethra constantly get agents that can cause inflammation of her, with infection can occur on the skin, blood, intestines and other organs, with whom contact is made. But the greatest number of pathogens enters the urethra during sex. However, while local immunity is not weakened, he successfully struggles with new and new portions of the pathogen without giving them cause manifestations of the disease with all the symptoms of a bouquet. As soon as there is a weakening of the immune system, the agent is embedded in the wall of the urethra and begin their inflammation.
Below we list the points that have a stimulating effect on the development of urethritis:
- severe hypothermia;
- trauma of the penis;
- heavy physical work, or other work related to the heavy load on the body;
- conduct irregular sexual life, frequent change of partners;
- urolithiasis, in which tiny rocks or sand, passing through the urethra, can provoke the appearance of
- mucosal injury on her;
- violation of the diet – eating salty, sharp, spicy, acidic foods and large amounts of alcoholic beverages,
- which are falling through the urine into the urethra, it can cause irritation of the walls and, as a consequence, inflammation;
- irregular urination, lack of water doorway that leads to the consolidation of harmful bacteria on the walls of the bladder and urethra, which normally have to be washed off during the passage of urine through the urethra;
- presence of chronic inflammation;
- medical manipulations of different character (the introduction of a catheter into the urethra and bladder, smear the fence) and surgical interventions.
As you can see, the factors that can provoke inflammation of the urethra, the weight, so the risk of urethritis is present in every man.