Trichology – the science of health of hair and scalp
Trichology is the science of the health of hair and scalp, in turn a trichologist is a specialist who examines the pathological hair loss, the causes of brittleness, reduction and miniaturization of hair, as well as scalp disease, and then conducts appropriate treatment.
- As in any other field of medicine, the main thing is a survey. Our task is to find out all the possible factors that could cause hair loss. Several methods are used to make the diagnosis, including trichoscopy, when the condition of the hair and scalp is examined, an additional blood test is performed, skin scrapings are analyzed, and a trichogram is made (root and trunk analysis under a microscope).
- Based on the results of the examinations, the patient is assigned an individual treatment regimen using medicines, cosmetic preparations and procedures. For greater efficiency, doctors from other regions are often involved, for example, endocrinologists, gynecologists, gastroenterologists, etc.
- With hair loss, women and men alike often face. Men for a long time mask the thinning hair of the hairdress, and women often engage in self-medication. But both those and others often turn to a specialist only when the process is started, all forest plants have already been tried, but there is no result.
- Therefore, the main thing is to be at the trichologist’s office on time. And to find out this “in time” is quite simple. Every day, we lose about 25-100 hairs, but if the amount of hair loss increases markedly, the hair itself becomes dull, lifeless, and the hair is tangled, loses its shine and is liable to be stacked – it’s time to analyze the situation.
- If the case is stressful, then the consequences can overtake you after even two months. Do not discount genetics – various pathologies can be transmitted from generation to generation. If the detected increased loss or change in the structure of the hair is not associated with exposure to any chemical or thermal factors, then this may signal a serious illness.
- In addition to medicine, we should not forget about prevention. Diet, proper nutrition, cosmetic means will help to keep the hair healthy. But we must remember that this is not a cure. And during treatment, preparations and procedures that eliminate the problem come to the fore.
- If it is a lack of trace elements, they are prescribed. If the case is caused by a disease or a more detailed examination is needed, the patient is referred to the necessary specialists. Fortunately in our clinic there are more than 100 specialists, and the client’s health is team work. But also in those cases when the patient is sent to another doctor for the treatment of the underlying disease, the means for preserving the hair and reducing their loss are selected.
- There are also auxiliary means of restoring hair growth, for example, mesotherapy and i-PRF – a new, progressive system of skin regeneration. But any injection procedures will work only if the body is healthy.
- Such procedures help to speed up hair growth. And, again, not at times. For example, without them, it would take six to nine months to recover. And with mesotherapy or i-PRF (plasma injection of own blood), the best results can be achieved in three to six months.
I want to note that not always even the owners of healthy hair manage to grow them long enough. The duration of the hair growth stage is genetically programmed. For someone, it lasts two years, and the hair just does not have time to grow very much, and someone has six years – and then you can let the braid to the waist.