Swelling of the face – a pathological condition caused by a delay of excess fluid in the tissues of the face (in the intercellular space), resulting in a violation of the water exchange and a noticeable swelling of the maxillofacial region.
Edema is not a disease – it is a symptom of an illness.
- For effective treatment of facial edema, it is first necessary to determine the cause, and then decide – is it possible to cope with the problem on their own or require medical attention. At the same time, swelling of the face can appear and absolutely healthy person due to any circumstances.
Why the face swells?
- Accumulation of excess fluid in the body, resulting in a swelling and can occur for various reasons. If there is swelling in addition to shortness of breath, it is likely to malfunction of the heart. Also, with swelling of the face, caused by problems with the heart, the liver increases markedly. In the event that a person has acquired a cyanotic shade, the case of violation of the circulatory system works.
If the largest area of edema – under the eyes, it can be assumed that the problem lies in the kidneys.
- Typically, such swelling appear in the morning. Increasing the face and then the eyelids, especially the lower. This swelling watery and soft, they can be moved. Also, when the renal edema skin takes a yellowish-brown hue. For those people who suffer from chronic kidney disease, swelling often occurs before the rapid weight gain, due to the swelling of the lining.
If the area of the sinuses have a source of infection, it can also cause swelling.
- In this case, lymph drainage more difficult, but at least reduce inflammation and swelling takes place. Such swelling often affects people with diabetes, because this group of people is reduced resistance to infections.
Chronic diseases of the respiratory tract or paranasal sinuses may also face facial swelling.
- It is not necessary to try to cope with the swelling of their own, especially on the nose apply cold compresses. Swelling only eliminate disease treatment and regular preventive maintenance.
Cause edema serve and endocrine diseases.
- Typically, in this case, it appears on the face of severe swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue, which accumulates the mucous tissue. Fabric is not enough thyroid hormone and a person in need of hormone replacement therapy, which is appointed by the doctor.
- In summer, people are often faced with swelling of the face due to sunburn. To them did not arise, it is necessary either to cover the most sensitive areas of the face – the nose and cheeks, or use protective equipment. If the burn is still occurred, then in order to avoid swelling, immediately do a cold compress as possible with soothing herbs, or use a special cream. Lubricating oil burns in any case not necessary.
There are other causes of facial edema:
- malignant or benign tumors of the face and jaw;
- infections in the maxillofacial area;
- reaction to a blood transfusion;
- high blood pressure;
- fluid retention in the body during pregnancy, especially in the first phases in the period of toxicity;
- the beginning of the menstrual cycle;
- diseases of the genitourinary system;
- malfunction of the immune system and a lack of vitamins and minerals;
- eating low-quality products;
- Excessive use of salt;
- unbalanced diet or starvation;
- lack of sleep and others.
- An allergy is the cause of facial edema:
If the cause of swelling is an allergic reaction, a swelling called angioedema. In addition to swelling of the allergy can speak difficulty breathing, hives, redness, itching, or even loss of consciousness. Swells, usually soft tissues of the face – lips, eyelids (eyes are “slotted”), and may increase tissue at the back of the hands and buy a pink tinge. For removal of edema can be used anti-allergic ointment sold in pharmacies. You also need to take an antihistamine – pill “suprastin.”
Theme: Antihistamines are 1, 2 and 3 generations
Feature allergic swelling on his face that he may hold from 5 minutes to a couple of hours and then disappear without a trace. Allergy is a chronic, laid down before birth, or appear suddenly, and be caused by drugs, particularly antibiotics, chemicals used in everyday life, specific foods, insect bites (one of the most dangerous is the bite of wasps), Inhalation dust, animal dander, or pollen. Increasingly, there are cases of allergies caused by stressful situations.
If angioedema can also occur swelling of the face. Such swelling develops rapidly and suddenly. However, with the accumulation of fluid in the subcutaneous adipose tissue and mucous membranes occurs veins and capillaries. It should be borne in mind that this is a dangerous syndrome, and there is a possibility of choking, t. To. Swelling and can affect the throat. In this case, an injection of antihistamine (“Suprastin”) and immediately seek medical help. If a person once arose angioedema, there is a high probability that this may happen again in the collision with the allergen.
Sometimes the self-identification of the allergen is not possible, and for this should consult a doctor to undergo a series of tests. There are often situations when a person has a reaction to several groups of allergens, or over time, the list of contraindications updated. So people better always carry antihistamine.
In allergic facial swelling compresses, washing with cold water and the other for external use (in addition to the special ointments) are ineffective. Clean skin lotions and wipe it in such cases is strictly contraindicated. With allergic swelling cope or using drugs, or it goes away. Also, you should try not to touch the face hands, do not rub it.