All about prostatitis

Prostatitis can be named one of the most common urological diseases, because according to medical statistics, about half of the male population of the planet at least once experienced the symptoms of this disease. However, despite its widespread, the disease is not always easily diagnosed and treated. As for the age criterion of men at risk, it may be noted that today the disease is more “younger”, which may be associated with a number of adverse factors. So, the first signs of prostatitis may show up even in very young boys, while the long-term chronic disease often typical for men over fifty years.

Prostatitis – an umbrella term for inflammation of the prostate gland.

The prostate can be called one of the most important organs of the male reproductive organs, it is even called the second heart. That it produces the so-called prostatic juice, which is part of semen, it is responsible for the erection process and is also involved in hormone production. In the case of inflammation of the prostate, all of these functions in a certain way violated, and the man is experiencing not only the physical symptoms are unpleasant, but also psychological discomfort.

Types and causes of prostatitis:

In fact, there are only two main reasons contributing to the development of prostatitis:

Accordingly, secrete several forms in which the disease is described may occur:

  • acute bacterial;
  • chronic bacterial;
  • chronic abacterial.

As the medical statistics, in 80% of cases there is abacterial (nonspecific), prostatitis, while the remaining 20% ​​takes the form of acute and chronic bacterial prostatitis. But what exactly causes the development of infection or stagnation in the pelvic area? Such factors can be a lot, for example:

  1. urinary infections (cystitis, pyelonephritis, etc.);
    infections, sexually transmitted infections (chlamydia, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and others);
    lowered immunity, in which are not natural defense mechanisms of the body to cope with the infection;
  2. hypothermia, which can occur when doing winter sports or even in normal drafts;
    sedentary work also greatly contributes to the deterioration of blood circulation and the development of stagnation in the pelvis;
  3. irregular sexual life can indirectly cause prostatitis, because when you have sex, or rather at the time of ejaculation, carried out the natural massage of the prostate gland;
  4. too violent sexual activity may not be the best way impact on the state of the prostate;
    injury in the crotch area, which often occur at the drivers of cars and motorcycles;
  5. smoking and alcohol abuse contribute to the emergence of swelling of the prostate gland, and bad for the health of the whole;
  6. unhealthy diet also contributes to reduced immunity, and sometimes even becomes a cause of serious diseases, including prostatitis.
  7. In addition to these items, the risk factors could be considered stress, frequent constipation, hormonal disorders in the male, some inherent characteristics of the prostate gland structure, etc.

Symptoms of prostatitis:

The first and main symptom considered prostatitis urination difficulty, namely pain during voiding. This feature should be enough for a man suspected problem and decided to seek help from a doctor. Another reason for a consultation with a specialist should be and frequent urination, in which urine comes out very small portions.

In principle, recognize the acute prostatitis is not difficult, because usually the clinical picture of the disease is characterized by its severity and appears suddenly. However, it is worth considering the fact that all men the disease manifests itself individually. There are times when prostatitis develops completely asymptomatic and becomes chronic unnoticed even for the patient. Therefore, it is important to be able to recognize the blurred and subtle signs of disease.

If we talk about acute prostatitis, it is worth noting that in most cases the disease develops rapidly and pronounced. Symptoms of this may include:

  • frequent and quite painful urination;
  • pain in the groin area, perineum, sacrum, in the area of ​​the anus;
  • potency disorders;
  • pain during bowel movements;
  • general malaise and weakness;
  • fever;
  • increased sweating.